NEW ENGLAND’S OLDE ENGLAND
The Connecticut Renaissance Faire
"Meet the Author" Book Signing Events
Each day of their season, The Connecticut Renaissance Faire hosts a different fantasy author for their “Meet the Author” Book Signing Event. The Faire’s goal is to help aspiring-and-established fantasy authors to get the word out about their books to guests of the event.
We give authors who have never participated in the Meet the Author event the first choice on the date they’d like to join us. Once we fill those slots, we open the remainder to previous authors.
If you are interested in becoming one of our fantasy authors, here are the fast facts you need to know:
- Who: Fantasy authors from around the United States focused on New England, New York, and New Jersey.
- What: A book signing event at The Connecticut Renaissance Faire.
- Where: Lebanon Country Fairgrounds, 122 Mack Road, Lebanon, CT
- When: On a single day of the Faire’s current run dates. All authors must be at their signing event from 1:30 to 3:30, but you are encouraged to sell and sign for the entire Faire day (10:30 am to 6:00 pm).
- Why: To meet new fans, sell books, and grow your fan base.
- Cost: This event is FREE for approved authors. The Faire does not take a commission on your sales. Everything you earn is yours.
Many factors affect how much you can earn on a signing day, including when you start and finish, if you sell a single book or a series, your presentation, and your sales technique. While sales vary, our top-selling author made over $700 selling a book series.
Authors participating in our free program may only sell their books. If you want to sell things at the Faire, you must apply as a guest merchant.
The Connecticut Renaissance Faire is an outdoor event. We provide you with the following:
- A sheltered area
- A covered 6′ table
- Two chairs for you and an assistant
You will need to bring any additional table coverings you’d like to use. You will also need to provide your books, pens, and any marketing materials you’d usually get for a book signing event.
While we encourage dressing the part or as a character from your books, we do not require authors to have a costume for their signing.
The later your signing is into the Faire, the more patrons you can expect to see. We average 2,375 guests per day, and that number can increase on holiday weekends. It can also decrease in inclement weather. These people will pass by your signing area several times a day, giving you numerous opportunities to shine.
Just having you at the Faire is our reward. If you’d like to help, please actively promote your signing event on social media, your email list, and anywhere else you would promote your books. The more people that come to your signing event, the better for us all.
Of course, if you become famous, please don’t forget the little guys who were there for you. Someday we’d love a permanent site. *WINK*
I’M INTERESTED. HOW DO I SIGN UP?
If you are interested in participating, please email our Marketing Director, Eric, at email@example.com.
- Subject: Make sure your subject line reads “Meet the Author.”
- Books: Let us know what books you have written that you plan to feature at your signing.
- Links: Please provide any links to your website, Facebook page, online store, or other social media accounts related to your book.
These spaces fill quickly. Please reach out to us through our Facebook page if we don’t respond within a few days. We will respond to let you know whether you are approved (or not) and provide a password to access our signup page.